Quaking Aspen Fact Sheet
Family: Salicaceae - Willow family
Latin name: Populus tremuloides
Common name: Quaking aspen
- typically smooth, greenish-white to gray-white, with darker patches, and more furrowed toward the base
- simple, deciduous, broadly ovate to nearly round, 4-6 cm long, with small, rounded teeth
- dark green and shiny above, pale green below, turning bright yellow, yellow-orange, gold, or reddish after the first frosts.
- slender, flattened petiole
- flutter with the slightest breeze
Map above shows distribution in North America
TreeTopics.com © Copyright 2004 - 2023
Please ask for permission before using this site's photographs. Any permission granted at our sole discretion will be subject to a clear credit to TreeTopics.com and a link to the relevant page of our site.
Send email to KarenW (at) treetopics.com
TreeTopics.com Home Page