Amur Cork Tree
Family: Rutaceae - Rue Family
Latin name: Phellodendron amurense
Common name: Amur Cork Tree
- The photos of the whole tree are of three different plants.
- The pictures of the bark and trunk on this page are from the tree in the middle photo.
- The third photo is of a younger tree in another area of The Arb.
- The end of the leaf petiole nearly surrounds the new bud, has an interesting appearance, and results in a unique leaf scar.
- Leaves are opposite, compound, generally with a terminal leaf.
- Leaflets are opposite
- Fall color: yellow
- Male structure:
- Flower: dioecious, flowers in June
- Fruit: green in summer, ripening to almost black in September or October
- Winter interest:
All photos on this page were taken at The Morton Arboretum.
TreeTopics.com © Copyright 2004 - 2023
Please ask for permission before using this site's photographs. Any permission granted at our sole discretion will be subject to a clear credit to TreeTopics.com and a link to the relevant page of our site.
Send email to KarenW (at) treetopics.com
TreeTopics.com Home Page