Quaking Aspen Fact Sheet
Family: Salicaceae - Willow family
Latin name: Populus tremuloides
Common name: Quaking aspen
- typically smooth, greenish-white to gray-white, with darker patches, and more furrowed toward the base
- simple, deciduous, broadly ovate to nearly round, 4-6 cm long, with small, rounded teeth
- dark green and shiny above, pale green below, turning bright yellow, yellow-orange, gold, or reddish after the first frosts.
- slender, flattened petiole
- flutter with the slightest breeze
Map above shows distribution in North America
Karren Wcisel © copyright
Send email to Karrenw@aol.com
Please ask for permission before using my photographs. Larger sizes and additional photographs
of the tree are often available.
TreeTopics.com Home Page