Maple Fact Sheet
Family: Sapindaceae - Soapberry Family (Previously Aceraceae - Maple Family)
Latin name: Acer forrestii
Common name: Forrest maple
- Photos with developed leaves and fruit were taken on June 16, 2005.
- Photos with developing leaves and flowers were taken on May 3, 2005.
- The leaves, like the flowers and bark of the Forrest maple or Forrest's maple are similar to Acer tegmentosum.
- Flowers of Acer forrestii are yellowish green, open in May and are arranged on an arched spike.
- The bark of this tree has characteristics that lead
me to believe that this is one of the "Snake bark maples".
- Buds are "stalked" and leaves and flowers emerge together.
Karren Wcisel © copyright
Send email to Karrenw@aol.com
Please ask for permission before using my photographs. Larger sizes and additional photographs
of the tree are often available.
TreeTopics.com Home Page